You can check out the ‘Ultimate Guide on How to Screen Record,’ if you’re looking for a comprehensive step-by-step introduction on screen recording. We also included some valuable tips on how to use the screen recorder.
Getting Started With the Free Screen Recorder:
- Head to Screencast-O-Matic.com
- Click on ‘Start Recording for Free’
- You’ll be taken to the Screen Recorder page. Click on ‘Launch Screen Recorder’
- A pop-up will appear indicating that the recorder is being launched. If it doesn’t appear, you have the option to download the recorder app.
- Within seconds, you’ll notice the recorder on your screen and you can start recording.
You’ll have numerous options to record with the free screen recorder. Below we’ve listed the options for recording your video.
- Screen – This allows you to record anything within your recording frame.
- Webcam – You can record your webcam.
- Both – This option allows you to show your webcam AND your screen at the same time. This is often used when you want to point out something on your screen but still have your webcam up for explanations.
Max Time – The maximum time to record is 15 minutes but with an upgrade, you can record for as long as you want.
Size – Adjust your recording frame with preset sizes (480p, 720p, Active Window or Full Screen) or adjust it by dragging the corners and sides of the frame.
Narration – The app will detect audio sources connected to your computer.
Computer Audio – The free recorder will only capture narration. Upgrade to our Deluxe plan to capture computer audio.
Trim, Upload, and Publish Options
Once you are finished recording with the free screen recorder, there are several options you can use.
Trim – Trim the beginning or end of your video by dragging the bars of your video.
Captions – Add your own captions to your videos. By clicking on CC, you can choose to add your own captions by uploading a captions file. As part of an upgrade, you can use speech-to-text or type in your own using ‘blank captions.’
Upload options – There are several options to upload and publish your screencast.
- Save as a Video File – You can save your recording as a video file. ou can choose from either an mp4 video file (mostly used on multiple platforms) an avi format, or flv video file. It will save your recording in a folder on your computer or laptop. Fill out the filename and hit Publish.
- Upload to Screencast-O-Matic – You can upload and get a link to share your recording. To do this, you’ll need to sign up for an account or connect your existing one.
Please note: Free and Deluxe users can upload videos of up to 15 minutes into Screencast-O-Matic’s hosting services. Premier users have unlimited uploading times.
- Share on YouTube – If you haven’t linked your account, all you need to do is click on ‘launch web browser’ and follow the steps. Once that’s all done, fill in the information and it will upload directly to your YouTube account or a YouTube channel you designate.
- Upgrade for more uploading options. By clicking on the ‘+’ button on top of your menu, you can publish to other sites including Vimeo, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Create With the Free Screen Recorder
There are numerous ways to create a video just by creating a screen recording. Go ahead and use Screencast-O-Matic’s free screen recorder and create those recordings!
You can check out the ‘Ultimate Guide on How to Screen Record,’ if you’re looking for a comprehensive step-by-step introduction on screen recording. Valuable tips are also included in the guide.