With our free and easy-to-use screen recorder, you can capture any area of your screen with the option to add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam. Sharing your ideas has never been easier!
Available on Chromebook, Mac, and Windows.
A powerful, free screen recorder
- Capture any part of your screen and start recording.
- Add and size your webcam for picture in picture effect.
- Narrate from your selected microphone as you record.
- Add stock music and captions to your recording.
- Trim the start and end to remove unnecessary parts
- One click to save to computer or upload to Screencast-O-Matic or YouTube (extra options with Deluxe)
Upgrade to get advanced screen recording
- Draw while recording to capture your thoughts immediately.
- Pan and zoom to capture the most important screen area.
- Automated and interactive captioning for accessibility.
- Use the script editor or import a script for perfectly-timed recordings.
Advanced Screen Recording Tools
Pan and Zoom
Expanded Music Library
- Screenshot tool
- Drawing tools
- Automated captions
- Script tool
- System audio
- Pan and Zoom
- Expanded music library
Personalize your screen recordings with our intuitive video editor
Mix and match screen recordings, imported videos, and audio
- Mix and match videos from your computer, phone and the built-in screen and webcam recorder.
- Add your own music or choose from the royalty free music library.
- Overlay shapes and your images from your computer.
- Import voice narration, captions, and use automated speech2text.
Highly Rated By Our Community
Create and add animations to your screen recordings
Take it to another level and customize your videos with these amazing animations, overlays and more!
- Zoom in and out, highlight areas and add blurs.
- Add arrows, lines and shapes and images.
- Create transitions for your videos.
- Change colors, sizes and fonts.
- Speed up and slow down any section of your video.
Upgrade to get an extensive suite of video editing tools
Animate video with transitions and overlay effects.
Import video, audio, and images from other devices.
Zoom in/out and highlight areas of your video.
Add and edit narration, music and system audio.
Hide/show, scale/crop webcam or enable green screen.
Add and style text, images, blurs and shape overlays.